PPA Certification

PPA Certification
Professional Photographers of America

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Woo-hoo! I got my certification.....

I am a Certified Professional Photographer from the Professional Photographers of America (PPA)! I had to pass a rigorous test, had to submit my past photography work to a panel of judges for review, and must renew my credentials every 5 five years through continuing education in order to commit to this prestigious certification. Lots of work, but I’m willing to do it. Let me tell you why...

To receive this certification asserts to the general public that I am a Certified Professional Photographer, in other words, a quality professional. Receiving this certification puts me in the 8% of professional photographers (which is less that 1,725 in the world) that have this certification. It’s like quality assurance because certification is a credential consumers and businesses understand.

More importantly, it conveys to my clients WHY they should choose my services over my competitors. Since I had to enter my past work for a panel of judges to review, I have to thank my clients. If not for the wonderful pictures you have allowed me to take of you, your family, and all your special moments, I would NOT have been able to gain this certification.

I can't say this enough, but each and every one of you are special people in my life and Thank You is an under statement of my gratitude. If not for you all letting me into your lives, I could not do my job!

To show my appreciation, I am offering a complementary 8x10 on your next session if anyone comments. Thank you again!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations in your certification! You are one of the hardest workers we know. Thanks to your attention to detail and perfectionism we have some of the best wedding pictures we have ever seen. We were so happy to be able to come back to you this year so you could photograph our son. The work you did with him proves even more the master you are. And if we ever need someone to get him to sleep we know who to call! We love that we can call you our family photographer and our friend. Love, The Polaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Candace!!! With or without the certificate you are the only photographer I will ever use again. The dedication, creativity, and love you put in every single picture you take is unreal and you can't find that any where else. You started out as the photographer for my sisters wedding, then my boss, to now I consider you a friend. Thank you for everything you do!! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace- Congratulations! What an honor for you. I cannot even tell you what a blessing you've been to me this past month. Sharing your contacts with me has been so helpful and introducing me to boot camp is an answered prayer. Thank you! I feel so lucky that our paths have crossed. You are truly more than just my photographer. I cannot wait until our wedding and I cannot wait to see you work your magic. Engagement session after boot camp round 1.

    ReplyDelete